Province of Piacenza. Welcome to the Official Tourist Information SiteScudo Piacenza

CORPUS DOMINI CHURCH

via Farnesiana, 24
Description
The origins of the church date back to the 20ies when Menzani bishop wanted to build a new parish church in this newly built area. This new building, in its outline and decorations, recalls the Romanesque style with touches of modern design. Among the art pieces on the inside it is worth mentioning the fresco in the apse half-dome where Nazareno and Giuseppe Sidoli represented the "Institution of the Holy Communion"; by V. Callegari, a bust of Menzani bishop, Paolo Perotti sculpted a Sacred Heart in a niche in the left nave. The masterpiece of this church is by Giorgio Groppi, the crucifix on the side of the main altar; he has also designed the stained-glass windows of the main altar and of the rose window on the façade. Moreover, a wooden crucifix 2.60 m tall in the left transept representing a strong and still Christ which is an example for the whole sculpted group at its feet. Two beautiful canvases add preciousness to the church: one by Camillo Procaccini "The Virgin's Family" painted in 1610 and the other by Gianbattista Tagliasacchi "The Supper at Emmaus" of 1732.
Telephone
+39.0523.592321
Telefax
+39.0523.606884
Weekday
from 07.00 am to noon and from 3.00 to 7.00 pm
Holiday time
from 07.00 am to noon and from 3.00 to 7.00 pm
Opening times
All year round
Disabled access
accessible
Information Office
Last update
Friday, 22 March 2019
News and information edited by the Tourist Information Office of the Municipalities of Bobbio, Borgonovo V.T., Castell'Arquato, Piacenza and Vigolzone